Managing Change: Library Transitions
Satellite Meeting – Bergen, Norway 16 – 17 August 2017
World Library and Information Congress
83rd General Conference and Assembly
19 – 25 August 2017, Wrocław, Poland
Organized by IFLA Standing Committees for Public Libraries and Management and Marketing
Location: Bergen Public Library
- Communicating success: Communication plans, how to market services to different audi-ences: students, young people, children, adults, families, etc.
- User participation and outreach as a way of communication with the local community
- Managing and marketing of electronic content
- Using social media to engage users and employees in change processes
- Advocacy for Libraries (especially in developing countries)
Managing Change: Library Transitions – moving into the future. Best practices from around the world!
Registration Starts 10. march 2017
The registration has some norwegain expressions. If you want to register as sponsor, choose that option, else go for the 750 kr. (82 EUR) in Priskategori, which is the set price for the event. Choose which day you are staying or both. We would also like to know which soscial event you would like to attend during your stay.
After you have completed the form, choose Legg til ny deltager. The registration will then take you to a payment solution that informs you that the checkout information will put deltager.no as the reciver of payment which is correct.
If you have problems conntact managingchange[!at]bergenbibliotek.no
Call for papers
The two IFLA sections Public Libraries and Management and Marketing are cooperating on a joint satellite meeting before the World Library and Information Congress 2017 in Wroclaw. The theme of the Satellite Meeting is: Managing Change – with a focus on communicating change. The pre-conference is relevant for both public and academic librarians.
For each theme we are looking for Key Note speakers, and speakers who would like to share best practice from their own library/county. We invite speakers to present their initiative in in the PechaKucha format – a presentation style in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (6 minutes and 40 seconds in total).
We invite you to participate with your best practice, and can promise you inspiration from around the world. In addition, you will have time to see the best academic and public libraries in the region and the famous fiords of Norway.
1 March 2017 Deadline for submitting proposals
1 April 2017 Successful Speakers will be notified
30 June 2017 Author registration deadline
1 August 2017 Deadline for submitting paper/presentation
- At least one of the paper’s authors must be present to deliver a presentation of the paper during the program of the satellite meeting.
- All papers that are presented will be made available online via the IFLA Library under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 license.
- Authors of accepted papers must complete the IFLA Authors’ Permission Form.
- All expenses for attending the satellite meeting (eg. travel, accommodation, etc.) are at the responsibility of the authors/presenters. No financial support can be provided by IFLA.